• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blade offset?

The Giraffe

Last question and then maybe I can help some folks with Photoshop questions.....

My SP300 seems to be cutting everything about 1/32" to one side of my cut line. What am I missing? The 2 1/2 pages in the manual dedicated to cutting don't mention this. It happens with output from Illustrator and X3 alike.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

The Giraffe

This is just riding a cutpath. I'm not using registration marks.

It is cutting that far to the left (as you look at the carriage) of the graphic.

round man

In your cutting program you should be able to designate a -0.03125 offset on the y axis (or x axis depending on your cutting orientation)

quikseps

Look in your manual for correcting misalignment for both print/cut and crop/cut....you can enter plus or minus numbers for FEED and SCAN settings and save these as a preset value. Pretty sure it works the same with a versacamm and an xc-540. Its quite an easy adjustment.

If the versacamm doesn't have a load of presets available to save to, call the dealer and get into service mode and make these adjustments. This way they'll be permanent.

I have an XC-540 that was all over the place until I dialed it in.

BTW...your problem has nothing to do with blade offset.

The Giraffe

Look in your manual for correcting misalignment for both print/cut and crop/cut....you can enter plus or minus numbers for FEED and SCAN settings and save these as a preset value. Pretty sure it works the same with a versacamm and an xc-540. Its quite an easy adjustment.

If the versacamm doesn't have a load of presets available to save to, call the dealer and get into service mode and make these adjustments. This way they'll be permanent.

I have an XC-540 that was all over the place until I dialed it in.

BTW...your problem has nothing to do with blade offset.

Figured out the offset problem the way you mentioned. I've moved onto fighting contour smoothing to avoid the blade chewing through 1500 pixel points.

I'm going back to ovals......or :beer.