• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blade Replacement

When Do You Change the blade on your plotter?

• At the start of each new customer job

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wait Until the blade dulls and shows signs of need for replacement.

Votes: 12 100.0%

• Total voters

captainron19

Just wondering and thought I would create a poll to receive feedback. When do you replace the blade on your plotter. I know it has a lot to do with material being cut (ie reflective) but just curious. I hear from some people they change out their blade after every individual job and start a new customer job with a fresh blade and include the cost of the new blade in with the estimate.

gabagoo

I can get my blades to last well over 6 months. I don't use them for reflective. I have a secondary blade holder for that. I can't imagine changing blades for each job, what a waste!!!. I generally don't like changing blades as I find new blades "too sharp". Real hard to fine tune them. After a few days of cutting they dull a bit to where I like them and then last a long time.

captainron19

I feel exactly the same way - I actually have a Gerber Graphix 2 old machine I use for incidental letters and nuumbers and I havent changed the blade on that machine in 2 years and it is still cutting strong