Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blade starting position

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SignMaker2007, Sep 17, 2020.

1. SignMaker2007

SignMaker2007 New Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Haltom City, TX
    Don't know what I did but went from one job where Vinyl Express Q100 was cutting normally to only feeding the vinyl forward and the starting point is left back corner. If I put a sheet in, it will feed forward till it comes to the end of the sheet and and stop in the left back corner. If I put in a roll in, it feeds forward only, but I stop it because I don't want to re roll the whole roll of vinyl. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    most vinyl plotters have an option before/during loading, that designates your media as "roll" or "leaf" prior to scanning. Sounds like you switched to leaf-mode, as it is trying to scan the full length of your media, whereas roll-mode just assumes a certain long-length and doesn't attempt to scan it.

• Agree Agree x 1