• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blank liner

boostednlinefor

I have a client who's requested a huge order of decals in assorted solid colors with the two primary requirements that the material must be removable and the liner may not have any printing on it. I have had decent luck in the past with Oracal 631, but their backing has the manufacturer's logo printed all over it. Does anyone know a decent removable vinyl with a blank liner? Or, alternatively, does anyone sells rolls of blank release liner that doesn't require a mega sized custom order?

And before it's said, yes -- I have tried multiple times to get the client to accept a printed liner to no avail. Unfortunately this is a hard requirement, but also something they are paying a premium for. Surely there is a way to make this work! I just haven't found it yet, so I came to see the experts.

J

TDFcustomSL

I have several rolls of the SignWarehouse EnduraGloss vinyl and none of the rolls have any printing on the backing. The rolls are a couple of months old but if I had to guess, I would say the current rolls are still a plain white backing paper. I have had good luck with the vinyl also. Although its not oracal, I still like it for the price.

boostednlinefor

Thank you guys for your quick replies! Do we know if either of those liners will take ink from a stamp or a consumer grade inkjet printer on the back (non-release side)?

Oracal 631 has a lot more color choices than the GreenStar and EnduraMATTE, so I may end up using Oracal 631 vinyl and just slapping it on one of the other blank liners -- depending on which one can take a stamp or an inkjet printer. Too bad I can't just buy the liner!

Z SIGNS

You could cover the liner paper with cheap vinyl.
Curious as to why there can't be a name on the liner paper.

boostednlinefor

Customer is looking for a blank liner to print his own on the back for a more professional look. I can understand where he's coming from and looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I ended up closing him on the EnduraMatte colors, which is good because it will save me a step having to apply the vinyl on a different liner. Took a leap that the liners are printable though.

Z SIGNS -- Great thinking! That would have ended up being my fallback if the other options ran out. Thank you.