Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleach, Latex and Eco Solvent inks...........

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by Reelimpatient, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Reelimpatient

Reelimpatient New Member

Oct 17, 2018
    Ocala, FL
    So I'm wondering about the following:
    I am printing vinyl stickers and some may not be laminated. The question is: If while cleaning a boat with bleach, it gets splashed on the sticker not laminated, will the printing come off?
    Does the ink matter whether it's Latex or Eco-solvent ? Is one better than the other for this situation ?

I know it would be better to laminate all the outside stickers, especially those hat would go on a boat or car etc, but just wondered if one ink type is more resistant than another against bleach and other harsh chemicals people clean with.

thanks !

2. AF

AF Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Ventura, CA
    You do understand what bleach does?

Laminate everything. You will want a roll to roll laminator if doing long runs like wraps.

3. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    I can wash away ecosolvent and latex with rubbing alcohol.... Never tried bleach though.

You can buy a cheap roll of laminate for $100... There really is no reason to never laminate. Even on the most budget friendly stuff we put laminate on. A non laminated decal is going to rip to shreds on a boat... Not to mention it'll be a pain in the *** to remove later on.

I think bleach would eat away any ink. You'll fade your walls if you use non diluted bleach on it even.