Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bleed not holding in Onyx 12

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Precision, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Precision

Precision New Member

Aug 26, 2017
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Today while printing I noticed that ONYX had dropped the bleed settings on my print. The original file was 47" wide x 108" tall. I added an inch bleed to the panel all the way around, which should of made the print 49" x 110".

While printing I noticed that the bleed line was printing in some areas, but in others was blank. It did not hold the bleed setting? I am confused.

Is there a setting that I am overlooking, or should check. I truly appreciate your comments and help.

Thank you,

Tags:
  2. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    hard to say...onyx is now on v19...you would need someone running v12 to help

3. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Onyx has some glitches like this, it will often forget settings like paneling layouts as soon as you click submit. Try rotating the artwork in your design program and resending it, not sure what but sometimes this fixes odd issues in onyx for me.

When I first started using onyx after using versaworks for 10+ years it seemed really clunky and counter intuitive, but after a while you get used to it and it becomes just clunky...

4. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Did you have the correct roll width set before print?

We had this issue on one job last week and turned out the roll width was off by about 5mm so it wasn't printing the full width of the loaded media. Lucky it was just an outline and we could easily trim it by measuring the bleed out with a ruler.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    This ↑, as well as try hitting apply after you add the bleed. That can help make sure it doesn't change.