• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bleed outline sometime hollow

IsItFasst

Any idea why sometimes Flexi randomly makes an outline hollow when I add bleed? See attachment. This doesn't happen all the time but randomly enough that it is time killer to fix it.

Attachments

• outlineissue.jpg
    outlineissue.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 135

OADesign

I'm not sure why it happens. But I find it occurs when I try yo apply multiple flexi effects on an object. I think flexi just gets confused with certain shapes. My fix is just to place an outline effect / Bleed first. Then separate this effect so the bleed is just a shape (not grouped or connected to cut object) Then add the cut contour effect last. This workflow, for me, is a pita. So now, for simple things, like lines of text or single shapes I just draw a simple shape with the bleed color (square or rectangle behind line of text). Then add my cut contour effect last. Uses a drop more ink but saves time in the long run.