• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blending a bitmap into a gradient fill.

zmatalucci

Ok, here it goes!

I want to take a bitmap image, and blend it into a box filled with a gradient. How do I do this? I don't want to see the edges of the bitmap, I want them to blend into the gradient. Any suggestions?

3CGraphics

sounds like you are going to need photoshop or similar - not too difficult to do in photoshop if you have it - or send me what you have and what you want and i'll try it

zmatalucci

Thanks for the fast reply! I would hate to bother you with it, I have alot to do. I could do it photoshop, I just hate jumping from program to program. You would think that after spending thousands of dollars for flexi-8(geared for digital printing), that they would include a feature like this.

ChiknNutz

I'm a NOOB PS user, but am looking to do the same thing...can you give a quick rundown as to how to accomplish this? I also use Corel, so if anyone knows how to do it that way, I'd appreciate it, but either way would be most helpful! TIA...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I'm a NOOB PS user, but am looking to do the same thing...can you give a quick rundown as to how to accomplish this? I also use Corel, so if anyone knows how to do it that way, I'd appreciate it, but either way would be most helpful! TIA...

Corel's a snap. Just put the bitmap over the gradent, or vice versa and use the interactive transparency tool on the object that's on top.

Flexi's not so co-operative. You really can't get there from there.

Steve C.

bob's right. Corel is the way to go, you can ever fade one bitmap into another.
Then export back as eps.

HardbargerSigns

Try power clipping the image (bitmap) into a box in Corel, while inside the powerclip, create a box OVER the bitmap, add a color, and give it a transparent blend, viola!