Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blending a bitmap into a gradient fill.

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by zmatalucci, Feb 6, 2007.

1. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

Ok, here it goes!

I want to take a bitmap image, and blend it into a box filled with a gradient. How do I do this? I don't want to see the edges of the bitmap, I want them to blend into the gradient. Any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. 3CGraphics

3CGraphics Member

May 23, 2004
    ATL Area
    sounds like you are going to need photoshop or similar - not too difficult to do in photoshop if you have it - or send me what you have and what you want and i'll try it

3. zmatalucci

Thanks for the fast reply! I would hate to bother you with it, I have alot to do. I could do it photoshop, I just hate jumping from program to program. You would think that after spending thousands of dollars for flexi-8(geared for digital printing), that they would include a feature like this.

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    I'm a NOOB PS user, but am looking to do the same thing...can you give a quick rundown as to how to accomplish this? I also use Corel, so if anyone knows how to do it that way, I'd appreciate it, but either way would be most helpful! TIA...

5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Corel's a snap. Just put the bitmap over the gradent, or vice versa and use the interactive transparency tool on the object that's on top.

Flexi's not so co-operative. You really can't get there from there.

6. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Duh, that's easy! Thanks!

7. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    bob's right. Corel is the way to go, you can ever fade one bitmap into another.
    Then export back as eps.

8. HardbargerSigns

HardbargerSigns Member

Mar 14, 2006
    Try power clipping the image (bitmap) into a box in Corel, while inside the powerclip, create a box OVER the bitmap, add a color, and give it a transparent blend, viola!

9. JERHEMI

JERHEMI Very Active Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Chicagoland
    What about in Photoshop?

10. zmatalucci

Thank you for the replies!
    I too just used x3,,,freaking easy

11. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006