Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blik or equivalent film

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by alucard13mmfmj, Oct 12, 2012.

1. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj New Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Hello. I found this forum while looking up information about PhotoTex. My dad's friend, owns a printing shop called 1FastPrint. The other day I went to seek out my dad's friend. I asked him if he could do something like Blik and I showed him a sample of what I bought from Blik. He said he doesn't have an equivalent material. He could help me do the prints if I find the sheet or film, but otherwise he is busy =(.

Anyways, the reason why I am searching is that I am trying to start start a business like Blik, but specialized in life sized (like fathead) movable and reusable wall graphics of popular fan-made cartoon characters. I know some people who would put down 100USD on a life sized wall graphic of their favorite female character. I don't particularly have any printing experience myself, but I used to do some minor screenprinting and I did photoshop (won a few awards in digital arts at a state fair).

Anyways, anyone know what type of film does Blik exactly use for their re-stikable line? Their site list it as self-adhesive polypropylene film, but it doesn't really help me find what I am looking for (since I am a novice) with google. I am not sure if what I am looking at is what I am looking for.

PhotoTex seems to have nice qualities, but from what I read, it is not translucent. An example of the character/image http://chan.nekomagic.com/random/src/134990889282.png . I plan to do a general cropping/cutout of the character, but I dont want a white border around the character (phototex is white). That is why I am seeking a translucent film. The details might be too small to get a good cutout.

I would like a film that can be used indoors, outdoors and on cars that can be removable and reusable/repose-able.

Thanks for your time in reading this. I thought about doing it 1-2 years ago, but I was busy with school ^^. I also hope I don't purchase a 200-300 USD roll of film that require special printers or cutters that my dad's friend does not have.

Tags: