• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bling effect

I am using X3 and I am wondering what is the best way to add "bling" to objects. What I am thinking of looks kind of like a thin, long star and you would use it to highlight chrome. Any tips on this would be appreciated.

Ken

In the polygon tool flyout, there is the complex star option, use that, tweak with node editing, add your desired fill color.
Cheers!
Ken

Like this?

Attachments

• tech team 4.jpg
    tech team 4.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 218

Ken

Yeah similar to that..you need to be discerning how you place those stars though..they should all be oriented the same way relative to the text and light source..
Ken

Ken

You could rotate some of the stars so they are not all the same.
I think you have too many.
Looks good though.
Cheers!
Ken

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Way too many stars. Two, maybe three max. Rotate them and make them all slightly different sizes. Standing straight up and down like you have them looks impossibly formal.

Sparky

Final draft

Actually, you have a few on the leading edge of the letters and most on the back side. Less is more - think about shinning a flashlight on the text - you will get "stars" on one side of the letter, unless the light source was directly in front of it, but your shadow implies differently.