• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bliss Font

Geary

Have you done a search to buy it online? It's a "Jeremy Tankard" font design.....and it ain't cheap. Wow.

Shovelhead

Just how much.....

does 125 English Lbs. convert to anyway?
I'm too lazy to go in to character map to find the Lb. symbol.
0142....0248....0319????

Geary

Boy, no kidding! That guy is AWFUL proud of his stuff! I figured up the entire family....and it comes to about 1500 BUCKS!!!!! That's worse than the old days of buying hard-installed Gerber IV-B's !!!!! Sheeeeeesh.....what in the wide world??? Hell, I'm gonna start desinging fonts for ENGLAND! :tongue:

~G

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can tell you that about ten years ago the font family was offered by Agfa and carried a copyright notice to the effect that it was

Copyright 1996. Designed by Jeremy Tankard for Agfa Division, Bayer Corporation. All rights reserved.

It was marketed under the Bayer name which is no longer used and Agfa apparently no longer has any rights in the font.

As a former type dealer, I can only say that I can't recall ever seeing this high a price asked for a commercially distributed font. One can only conclude that Mr. Tankard has found a market at that price or doesn't care if anyone buys it or not.

Shovelhead

As in....

I can tell you that about ten years ago the font family was offered by Agfa and carried a copyright notice to the effect that it was

It was marketed under the Bayer name which is no longer used and Agfa apparently no longer has any rights in the font.

As a former type dealer, I can only say that I can't recall ever seeing this high a price asked for a commercially distributed font. One can only conclude that Mr. Tankard has found a market at that price or doesn't care if anyone buys it or not.

"Bayer" aspirin???
Don't have any laying around to check.
If so....maybe that explains the price.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Other than that stupid looking lower case 'l' it appears to be just another ho hum sans serif type face. You could start off in this face and switch to another in mid word and no one would know the difference. Or care.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I believe I would just use Officina Sans or Meta rather than pay that kind of money for a font. Very few clients would absorb the cost of a $250 typeface and most would probably be just as happy with something close if it saved them lotsa' money.