• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

block out vinyl

John Butto

Does any one know of a cast vinyl in colors (I know that black does) that can be put over a portion of the plastic on an interior lit cabinet to cover up some copy that the cutomer does not want right now. I have tried oracal 751C red and the it does not cover up the lettering at night when the lights of the cabinet come on. I also can laminate the red over the black but would rather skip that if I could find something else.

J Hill Designs

3m makes a blockout vinyl

3M™ Blockout Film 3635-20B

This film blocks light transmission when applied to internally illuminated signs and enhances a neon-type effect when used on the second surface of clear acrylic. It is white on the face side; black on the back side.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Duct tape or scrim backed pressure sensitive tape in silver or black. 3M and Johnson & Johnson sell it. Most cost effective block out known to date.

John Butto

Reflective vinyl

Ended up using the 3M reflective vinyl, also thanks for the duct tape reply but I keep that for special occasions with my girlfriend.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:ROFLMAO:
Here's one................... ducttape butt.jpg