Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

block out vinyl

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by John Butto, Dec 10, 2010.

1. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Does any one know of a cast vinyl in colors (I know that black does) that can be put over a portion of the plastic on an interior lit cabinet to cover up some copy that the cutomer does not want right now. I have tried oracal 751C red and the it does not cover up the lettering at night when the lights of the cabinet come on. I also can laminate the red over the black but would rather skip that if I could find something else.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    3m makes a blockout vinyl

3M™ Blockout Film 3635-20B

This film blocks light transmission when applied to internally illuminated signs and enhances a neon-type effect when used on the second surface of clear acrylic. It is white on the face side; black on the back side.

3. petrosgraphics

petrosgraphics Member

Feb 24, 2010
    cape cod, ma
    you can use 3m control tac.... it has a gray back on the vinyl

4. Brandon.McCarter

Brandon.McCarter Member

Dec 8, 2010
    almost anything that has a grey adhesive will work.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Duct tape or scrim backed pressure sensitive tape in silver or black. 3M and Johnson & Johnson sell it. Most cost effective block out known to date.

6. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Reflective vinyl

Ended up using the 3M reflective vinyl, also thanks for the duct tape reply but I keep that for special occasions with my girlfriend.

7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :ROFLMAO:
    Here's one................... ducttape butt.jpg