• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blocked Mimaki DX5 print head JV33/CJV needed

Niklarse0073

Long shot I know, but having problems with my CJV30-100. Getting a ERROR 007.

I have so far replaced the slider and had the main board tested but no joy with printing and getting the same error, but I fear I was sold a duff print head off ebay.

Basically I am after a none perfect, but working print head, one with blocked nozzles as opposed to failed sections to test whether it is a machine issue or a print head issue. I just don't want / cant afford to risk blowing a brand new print head.

Obviously will pay postage and open to offers if you want me to pay a little bit for your time.

Thanks in advance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 07 is a high heat error which means your environment is too hot or, much more likely, there is a short in the head signal circuit. Check your cables and make sure they aren't damaged or dirty. If they are nice and clean and it still gives you the error, it's most likely the head itself.

Niklarse0073

Error 07 is a high heat error which means your environment is too hot or, much more likely, there is a short in the head signal circuit. Check your cables and make sure they aren't damaged or dirty. If they are nice and clean and it still gives you the error, it's most likely the head itself.

I didn't wat to post the full story but its not too hot where I am, temperature under 20 degrees. New cables checked and installed correctly, new slider board, main board sent of to the USA to repair and MacMedia = All checked ok.

I did buy a print head off ebay - I was assured it was new, but because I wanted to send off the board to repair didn't install straight away. So I am hoping its a faulty head but there is no way of checking if its good or not, so I just don't want to pay another £1000 to risk killing a new head.

Just thought if someone was throwing one out due to misfires, some clogging that could not be resolved - and it works without blowing it I would know my machine is ok to take a new head. Unless someone knows how I can electrically test the slider or head.... Not very good with a multimeter, so would need to know what settings it needs to be on. I have the service manual.