• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blood thirsty

bella

Hello, Sorry to sound blood thirsty but I would like to purchase fonts that look like they are dripping in blood like the ones they advertise for some of the horror movies. Thank you xxxx

DrCAS

There are many of these type of fonts on the freebie font sites... Schlop.ttf is one that comes to mind...

bella

Thank you all ever so much for your kind help. These fonts are exactly what I was hoping for. As they are free am I correct in thinking I do not need a licence to use them? :thankyou:

DrCAS

Bella, even though some fonts are free of charge to download, you still have to look at the licensing agreement for each font. Some allow unfettered usage while others are for personal use only and do not allow their use for commercial purposes.

S

Sign-Man Signs

Bella, even though some fonts are free of charge to download, you still have to look at the licensing agreement for each font. Some allow unfettered usage while others are for personal use only and do not allow their use for commercial purposes.

Has anyone ever been sued, approached, or even mentioned, for using a "Un-Licensed" font? Just wondering.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone ever been sued, approached, or even mentioned, for using a "Un-Licensed" font? Just wondering.

That's a good and understandable question, but one that the result shouldn't have any bearing on the original question from bella or DrC's answer.

If something is illegal..... it's illegal.... period. There is to no degree about how much or what if..... it's illegal, so do it the legal way and then go on about your life.
:design:
Let me ask you [in general] this.... and I'm only using your post as an example. I'm sure you have no intention of doing anything illegal, but for others reading this, perhaps this will enlighten them.

If it's illegal to steal a vehicle or a purse.... and it's illegal to steal anything out of the supply closet at work, such as erasers, box of pencils, tablets or whatever small ticket item..... why do some people think it's Okay to take home a paper clip or just one pen ??

The act itself is what is in question.... not, well, it's only a little thing and no one will miss it or they can certainly afford one pencil. As many people here say from time to time about stealing designs, artwork, jobs, etc........ it's the principle that matters. So if you find yourself ignoring the small print in the disclaimers and justifying your cause..... why does that make it suddenly alright ??

Again, I'm not accusing you, just borrowing your question to make a point. :wink: