• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bloody Wheel Marks

ChristianRhodes

So this drives me up a wall and I never understand why the hell it happens. Sometimes when printing the print will be discolored where the wheels have been traveling. It is NEVER consistent and happens sometimes and sometimes not. I do not get it. Anybody have any insights?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Sounds like cheap vinyl or banner with plasticizer issues. In alot of cheap materials that are stored in warmer temperatures the plasticizers they use to make the material pliable will migrate to the print surface and cause these issues.

Mainframe

I have had this issue intermitantly with both banner material and print media, I have always been able to cure it by going behind the machine and pulling slack on the material before it feeds, this usually has to do with new heavy rolls of material. I didn't have any problem with the prints looking stretched or anything like that. just giving you something to try.

TheSnowman

I've had it too...normally at the start of a run and on 13oz banner. It'll go away after the first foot or so, so I assume it's either because the material that sat on top of the heater got too hot, or it wasn't hot enough yet when it started running through. Does yours randomly do it in the middle of a run, or just at the start? I'm sure it's all about profiles.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
If it's a Roland, are you making sure the "bloody wheel" didn't accidentally slide into a locked slot, causing it to press down during printing?

nikdoobs

Rubber_posters_1160.jpg

ChristianRhodes

It usually only happens on the first little bit. So I'm leaning towards it sitting on the heater for too long and that messes it up somehow. We usually buy the better quality material too so I don't think that is an issue. And I normally do only use the 2 outer wheels but often it will cause my material to bunch up in the middle and the head will hit the print and put the lovely black lines through it. Always something!