• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blowing A$$holes Tires

DirtyD

So... Where I am at... I have what I would call inconsiderate retards. I have a decent sized parking lot and at the end of that parking lot is about 30' x 250' space of grass. Now for some reason my parking lot is a huge turnaround spot and then a pass thru or these drivers.

They like to drive through my parking lot and through the grass to go to some places on a road behind me. Now to get to those stores you must cut through my parking lot and through the grass, then turn left in an alley, drive about 1000ft then turn right and go to the stores. When all they have to do is pass my building by 1000' and turn right and they are there, or just turn around if going the other direction.

It makes me soo mad when people do this, I have recently (today) put in a couple stakes with orange line, it's not real high so people might not see it, it's maybe 1ft off the ground. I need to put signs but I shouldn't have to and that's why I haven't

Wouldnt it be nice to just bury some spikes that stick out and blow all their tires....I can dream I guess

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Some strategically placed boulders or cement barriers might work. Spikes could hurt innocent people like kids on bikes or whatnot.

brycesteiner

I have a similar problem. My parking lot is on the corner and so I have an entrance on both sides. People like to not wait on the stop light so they try to go around the vehicle in front of them on the right side and cut through my parking area. There are many times I've considered doing the same thing.

DirtyD

I can deal with turnarounds but it's just the inconsiderate people that drive through the grass..

I would never put spikes out, thta's just waaayyy over the top and I do get walkers, (high school kids)

Even today I had a car drive into the parking lot and the passenger then opens the door to vomit.. I'm just like ARE YOU SERIOUS? I get it, your sick, but it just HAD to be my parking lot

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Even today I had a car drive into the parking lot and the passenger then opens the door to vomit.. I'm just like ARE YOU SERIOUS? I get it, your sick, but it just HAD to be my parking lot
Maybe it was a subtle hint to update your exterior signage?

wayne k
guam usa

solock

In the peoples republic of NJ using a parking lot as a bypass of a stopsign counts as a moving violation. and I think it is the same as running the light. Had a coworker moron in a past life get a ticket for doing that.

Johnny Best

Cutting through a corner parking light instead of waiting at the stop light is called "avoiding an intersection" and will get you a traffic ticket.
Put some kind of sigage that states some law and put DOT and make it look official. I realize the morons will not care and just drive by it, but just to stop one would be a start.

sagesign

Gotta love our Indiana a$$holes. My shop is next to an alley that leads to a bar and I have somebody that instead of driving through the alley entrance, they drive across my grass, sidewalk, and parking lot for a 15' shortcut. And they don't just gingerly drive across, they make sure to try and tear up the grass. All I can think is spike strips every time it happens!

d fleming

Gino nailed it. Big boulders do the trick. We do this on quite a few entrance ways to subdivisions. Couple rocks, a few flowers, no more illegal parking or turnaround.