• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blowing Fuse (F3) Versacamm sp300v

MikesSigns

Diagnosing a short on my Versacamm. Continues to blow F3 fuse. Machine will not print Black/Cyan. Have ruled out ink line issues. No ink spills on boards, Replaced head cables, new print head on the way, old one was acting up may be shorted out? Does anyone have a schematic or manual which shows the double bank of 4 transistor layout in relationship to each of the two fuses on the Main board. I am looking to confirm some possible transistor replacement to my testing. I am hoping the fuse did its job but I have been reading about the C4131 and A1746 transistors going bad too. Want to confirm which ones go to which color,head and/or fuse. Especially before I put in new head. Any advise, experience, or tips will be helpful on the matter.Thanks in advance.... Mike

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It very well could have been the head shorting out the fuse. The transistors do go bad after a while and I have had them repaired before. If you don't have the know how of how to fix it yourself, there are people who fix these boards around the country. I just had a USB connector replaced by a music band equipment repair guy and it worked great. The transistors will usually have a burn mark on them if it is bad but not always. Other than that I do not know which set of transistors go to which head.

GTSTech_1

The TR's should read 42 or 47 (can't remember exactly which one), but if they aren't reading the same, then you will know which TR is bad.

My .02

GTSTech_1

TheHemi

This type of work not reccomended

I do not recommend replacing parts of a circuit board but if you don't have a warranty and don't feel like shelling out a ton of money you can go for it, What i see most commonly that blows fuses are cables. Make sure every cable related to the head or not, is plugged in all the way, straight, not creased, facing the correct direction and that all the goldish colored pins on the end are not bent, dirty, or burned.

phototec

Diagnosing a short on my Versacamm. Continues to blow F3 fuse. Machine will not print Black/Cyan. Have ruled out ink line issues. No ink spills on boards, Replaced head cables, new print head on the way, old one was acting up may be shorted out? Does anyone have a schematic or manual which shows the double bank of 4 transistor layout in relationship to each of the two fuses on the Main board. I am looking to confirm some possible transistor replacement to my testing. I am hoping the fuse did its job but I have been reading about the C4131 and A1746 transistors going bad too. Want to confirm which ones go to which color,head and/or fuse. Especially before I put in new head. Any advise, experience, or tips will be helpful on the matter.Thanks in advance.... Mike

Here is a link to download the SP-300 service manual if you don't have it.

http://depositfiles.com/files/ijc3yacgb

Keep us posted as to what you find out and how you get it fixed....