• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blowing Fuses SJ540

MrSalumi

Hey everyone. First I am working on an SJ540.

This printer has been printing in CMYK for a long while because the LC/LM bank had a short which blew fuses immediately. Recently my K/C bank blew a fuse which I replaced and immediately blew again. I unplugged all the head cables to rule out the heads shorting the circuit. I am still getting 41 and 39 volts coming over each bank respectively.

My head board has been repaired previously. It looks like a new capacitor was installed and a couple jumpers have been added. The short of it is that the head board has seen better days.

My question is that do you all think the short could be coming from the head board itself or maybe from another place (Main board perhaps). I want to buy another head board because its in such bad shape but I would hate to spend money on a new board if the short is coming from another board.

Any ideas?

MrSalumi

well I sent to board to Mac Media. I'll update you all once I know for sure what it was. Thanks for all the help :(