• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Blown headboard on XC-540

tager_rot

I have a XC-540MT that had a blown Transistor on the Head board (TR12). I metered all of them to find the faulty one (I did this by checking for a short across any two legs of each transistor)

I replaced the shorted Transistor but I am still getting a very high impedance reading on the new Transistor legs (I tested the new transistor before powering up), this reading is different than every other transistor in the same row as well as every other row (they all have similar readings to each other).

I found a post stating that the capacitors in the same circuit tend to fail at the same time. But I am unsure if I need to replace the small smd ceramic caps on the front and back or the electrolytic cap on the top of the board (or all). I have schematics if it will help anyone make a determination.

Any and all help is greatly appreciate!

Pitzu

First of all, I should say that.... this should be done by a qualified technician. If it's not done right, it can cause more damage then the inital one (by not replacing all the defective components and by not finding the initial cause of faulty).

Measuring electronic components in a circuit can cause false readings. It can be influenced by other components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, etc... or components that are defective in the circuit)
It's more accurate if you can get them out of the circuit and measure them (if it's possible)
I presume you've replaced the transistor with the same type and markings othewise you can have different readings. Also, the polarity of the measuring pads and where you put them is very important when measuring.

Last edited: