• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

blue and red blade holders?

rturner381

Good morning! Blue tip is used for general, everyday vinyl cutting i.e. cast and calendared vinyls. Red tip is used for sandblast resist, reflective, and high intensity reflective.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Blue is CB09 and Red is CB15.

.9 mm thickness or 1.5 mm thickness of the blade.

True but...the word you might have chosen is 'diameter' not 'thickness'. While 'thickness' is correct, it is imprecise.

The tips of the blades, which is what does most of the cutting, on both the .9mm and the 1.5mm are identical. The length of the cutting edge, the sharpened edge above the tip, is obviously longer on the 1.5mm but either blade has sufficient length of cutting edge to cut most anything you could feed through the plotter.

The only functional difference is that the 1.5mm blade, and by extension the holder, is sturdier when is comes to resisting lateral forces put upon it when dragging it through heavier materials.

phototec

True but...the word you might have chosen is 'diameter' not 'thickness'. While 'thickness' is correct, it is imprecise.

The tips of the blades, which is what does most of the cutting, on both the .9mm and the 1.5mm are identical. The length of the cutting edge, the sharpened edge above the tip, is obviously longer on the 1.5mm but either blade has sufficient length of cutting edge to cut most anything you could feed through the plotter.

The only functional difference is that the 1.5mm blade, and by extension the holder, is sturdier when is comes to resisting lateral forces put upon it when dragging it through heavier materials.

:goodpost:

Bob, very good explanation...

:notworthy:

Jackpine

Thanks for all of the great responses. I just picked up a FC cutter and am in a bit of a new learning curve.