• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue Creeping - VP540i - HELP

mediacorp

Hi There

Back with this issue, it looks like the blue is being placed incorrectly, almost like when a litho press's registration is off. I have done cleans, destatictized, reset, anything I can think of however cant get it right.

Its not the artwork either, as we have used the exact same file before with comlete crispness and high quality. And have tested other files.

When you do a test print from the machines cleaning menu, all of the lines are printed and crisp and neat which leaves me very confused.

Any advice on how to correct these issues?

Attached are images to get an idea of what the issue looks like.

Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• blue creep.jpg
    blue creep.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 170
  • blue creep 2.jpg
    blue creep 2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 147

InkjetAuction

Head Alignment Needed

I think that you may need a head adjustment. The Vertical adjustment on your Cyan head looks like it may be off quite a bit. You can't know for sure without running a Bias/Vertical head alignment print test, but I'm thinking that's what it is.

That's a minor service adjustment. Your local dealer can help with an onsite maintenance service.

~E

mediacorp

Thanks for the reply...

Is there any way to do this ourselves, we know how to get into service mode and the way around the menu. Unfortunately we only have one Roland technician in South Africa and he does more harm than good.

Any suggestions?

CanuckSigns

have you tried cleaning the encoder strip? My sp540-v does this when the encoder strip needs a cleaning, do a search on here if you don't know how to clean it, it's been discussed many times.

InkjetAuction

Just as I suspected, your cyan vertical adjustment is off one half row. It's pretty clear.

Stop messing with the linear encoder strip. You simply need a small vertical adjustment to your cyan head. Otherwise it looks good.

-E

mediacorp

Its fine, as even though the linear strip isnt the cause, I had to replace it as the lines were worn off causing other issues.

How does one go about doing a vertical adjustment?
I do not have a technician that we can get in. SA has one, and they arent properly trained.

Any assitance will be most appreciated!!

kffernandez

how about a test print? for me, it feels like an overspray/deflection/electrical problem on the cyan..

kelly