• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue printing PURPLE??

sar bossier

Hey, folks! I have a file that I have printed before, partial wrap - NOW the flag is printing purple instead of blue. Have cleaned the heads, etc., changed the profile to everything I can think of, to no avail. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

:thankyou::signs101:

Attachments

• Blue is Purple.jpg
    Blue is Purple.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 381

amw

Longtime Members
Hey, folks! I have a file that I have printed before, partial wrap - NOW the flag is printing purple instead of blue. Have cleaned the heads, etc., changed the profile to everything I can think of, to no avail. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

:thankyou::signs101:
We had this happen to us, not on a wrap though.
Never could get an answer, we ended up just recreating the art and that solved the issue. I know that isnt something you can do for this. But I am wondering what it is!
Hopefully someone has an answer.

Marsha

sar bossier

Thanks, Marsha! I probably didn't give enough information on my Roland - SC 545-EX, using versaworks to print from.

sar bossier

super grainy print. looks like a hardware issue to me.

Thanks, Pro! I am using scrap pieces, as I have used so much vinyl trying to get this to print blue ... I also noticed some of the profiles in versaworks print like that, and others don't. gggrrr :banghead:

MikePro

banding in the print leads me to believe that some cyan isn't laying down over the magenta? what's your test print look like?

also noted, your black seems to be "overspraying". you might have some head issues there.

ProWraps

its been my experience when you can see the dot pitch like that, that youve got some drop out on the nozzles. run a nozzle check and post it up if you can.

tomence

Try this in VersaWorks it may work:

Quality Tab
under Color Management go to Properties then go to Vector Data and select Colormetric
And check Preserve Primary Colors

See if this is going to work.

tomence

Also under Color Management have DensityControl selected, I dont know exactly where it was in Color M but you will find it.
This will only work if it's a vector file

sar bossier

GOT IT!!! Somehow, the color profile was RGB, changed it to CMYK, and BAM! We have lift off! Thank you to everyone for the assistance! Y'all ROCK!!!