• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue Streaks Every Time

graphix45

I have a Roland VS 640 and every time I print large areas of blue (any shade) I get light streaks in it. (See attached photo) It's not like banding and it's not consistent throughout the print. Sometimes it starts out ok but then starts getting worse half way thru and sometimes gets better by the end. This has been going on the since I've had it (almost 4 years) but I've been able to get by. I've starting doing more wraps lately and it seems everyone want a blue background. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20170405_150945564.jpg
    IMG_20170405_150945564.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 180

rjssigns

It might be your media. Just had that happen. So much static it was sticking to the stand. When you'd pull it away from the stand it crackled. I'd bet with the lights off it would have made quite a show.

Previous to that it was the encoder sensor causing light areas/streaking in the print like your photo. Ordered a new sensor, installed and calibrated it, and we're back in business.

Hope this helps.

graphix45

Don't think it's the media, it does it on 3M IJ35, Avery 1105 and banner material. I just cleaned the encoder strip a few months ago when I was having trouble with it stopping during the middle of a job. Maybe it's the sensor but that sounds expensive and if it don't fix it...money down the drain.

rjssigns

Don't think it's the media, it does it on 3M IJ35, Avery 1105 and banner material. I just cleaned the encoder strip a few months ago when I was having trouble with it stopping during the middle of a job. Maybe it's the sensor but that sounds expensive and if it don't fix it...money down the drain.

Encoder sensor was about 40 bucks for my SP540. IIRC there's only a few part numbers for all the Roland's, and they are roughly the same price.