• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BLUE TINT IN LARGE FORMAT SCANS???

dbeere

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A CONTEX HD4250 LARGE FORMAT SCANNER AND AFTER GETTING EVERYTHING INSTALLED AND CALIBRATED MY SCANS HAVE A STRONG BLUE TINT OVER THE WHOLE SCAN. ANY INSIGHT ON WHY THIS IS HAPPENING OR HOW TO FIX IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
THANKS

AKwrapguy

YOU CAN PROBABLY BRING IT INTO PHOTOSHOP AND REMOVE THE Blue hue..... sorry can't yell that much. It could also be a setting on the scanner where you have to go int the setting and change some of the settings. Depending on how you have it connected it could also be a bad cord or plug. I'm not that familiar with a large format scanners, ut I wish I had one, how big is it anyways? Is it a flat bed scanner?

MikePro

yeah, reading the user manual.... appears some simple fixes would include opening the unit, cleaning the glass plate, cleaning the white background platen, & when calibrating the machine... insert the calibration sheet printed-side-down.

Johnny Best

You probably have to go into their software and adjust the preferences as far as color and other settings.
Would love to have one of those.

giphy.webp

C5 Service&Repair

Are you using a negative (like film negative) setting when you scan? Negatives are a brown tint, so to compensate for that, the settings add a ton of blue to correct for that.
If you scan a positive using a negative film setting, they will turn out blue.