• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

blue water jugs, for water coolers, what type of vinyl?

proline51

good afternoon all, i have a customer looking for custom water jug decals. just wondering if any of you have any experience in this
and what vinyl worked best for this application. i have oracal vinyl in stock and i am using a roland vp-540 to print them. i realize i will most likely have to laminate them, but that will not be a problem once i know the most suitable material to use.

thanks for any help given.

have a great weekend!

2B

when you say "water jugs" what size are you talking about?

2.5 gallon
5 gallon

if you are looking for short term any vinyl will work.
if you want long term then you will need to get some low energy vinyl
try to make sure the vinyl is on the flat surfaces and not going over any of the curves+

ideally screen printing is going to be the longest life span.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Take some pieces of whatever you have and see if they stick at all. Or slightly. Or whatever. Sometimes the plastic used in that sort of thing is so inert that nothing wants to adhere to it. Sometimes not. Convex makes some rather pricey media with pretty aggressive adhesive but but there's surfaces where even that won't stick. All you can do is try some samples and see what results you get.

Techman

ive used plain old calendared vinyl many times. If it is the PET style jug it will stick well;.

proline51

yes they are the clear blue 5 gallon jugs used on water coolers, i have seen some decals printed on clear and some printed on white.just trying to get the best material for the job. i had quoted a price using 3951 oracal with 290 laminate, and they got a second quote and their price was almost cheaper than my materials, the other sample s color was not as good as mine, and their decal was quite thin and appeared to be printed by a thermal printer.

once again, thanks for any additional help.

hope all you signs101'ers are having a great weekend! while i am at work at my second job working night shifts ahhhh!:banghead:

dale911

President
Sign World Vinyl

I have a roll of the high performance vinyl and a roll of their cold lam. At $0.68 a square foot, it's a pretty inexpensive combo and the adhesive is really aggressive. They seem to be marketing it as a wrap film, but it's calendared. I'm using it right now for yard signs and things and it's doing very well for that. Nice prints on my L25500 and no complaints with it for flat surface use. They have another vinyl that's printable and it's $120 less per roll but it only drops the square foot pricing down to $0.52 for vinyl and lam and it's probably not marked as high performance so I'm not sure how it reacts. They will send you a sample though. I really love their canvas material and I can't find canvas any cheaper unless I source directly in China. It's really high quality and my clients are loving it.