Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blueprint Business Card. Critique

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by showcase 66, Apr 1, 2011.

1. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Here is a design I just came up with for a local BLueprint business. Made it look like a set of bounded plans. The floor plan in the background I actually drew up a couple years ago for my parents.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks
    BJ

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
  3. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Abosolutely not.

Make the text look like it's the blueprint instead..........................

I like the idea of the end and stuff.

4. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    Hmm, sorry I think this is way off the mark. I saw the subject and I got excited, cause I have done lots of graphics that were kinda "blueprinty" years ago. This is way too clean, way too stark, way too "desktop publishing".

You have a great opportunity to push the boundaries here. Do a google image search for "blueprints" and see what comes up. Most of them are blue, with simple, monospaced white type, lots of grids, lots of borders, lots of small, all caps type placed in boxes. I would have so much fun with this, I'm jealous... push yourself!

5. williaty

williaty New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    I think stylistically, the guys are trying to suggest something like this. The first one is a landing page for the company website while a web developer actually creates the site itself and the second one is the avatar used on forums where the company is a paid vendor.

Attached Files:

6. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Really digging those examples.

7. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    exactly!

8. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
  9. williaty

williaty New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks guys, those are for my company, which is a really, really odd combination of sign making, custom fabrication, and race-preparation of Subarus.