• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blurry prints Roland SP-540V

Tadega

Hi Friends

Need your expertise, we did a manual cleaning of our printer yesterday

but the printer does not make sharp lines, see attached pictures, and also the yellow is not 100%

do you think the encoder strip needs cleaning to ? if so can one use rubbing alcohol diluted to 60% or do you have any other suggestions

Attachments

• IMG-5895.JPG
    IMG-5895.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 473
  • IMG-5896.JPG
    IMG-5896.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG-5897.JPG
    IMG-5897.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 334

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Could be as mentioned above, however, just based on those photos you attached, that pretty good prints for the SP-540V, I've seen my SP-300V's do much worse. I'd do a nozzle test to see how the heads look.

Terry01

Due for a new printhead..or a real good soak and clean. But experience says the head has just about done its time.

Tadega

Hi friends

here comes a nozzle check on our printer

how do I do a head soak on my printer? so you belive that will solve anything?

Attachments

• IMG_5914.JPG
    IMG_5914.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 369

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Yes, that black head is trouble, it might be savable. To do a 48hr head soak, shut off the sub power and main power and un-plug, then using the cap top tool, descend the cap tops, move the head away, clamp off the lines after the cap tops, fill cap tops with cleaning liquid, move the head carriage back into position and bring the cap tops up again and let it soak. Hope this helps. Also, how old are your cap tops, you might want to replace them too after you do the head soak.