• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 cutting WAY off. . .

Rob_maxgrafix

So I was running off a bunch of reflective FD equipment decals on my BN-20, the first half of the job cut dead on. Then it wen downhill fast from there and I cant figure out why. the pictures below show what im talking about, and ive had it before where it mis-reads a crop mark and the whole cut is skewed but the part that has me puzzled is that it cut fine through half of the job, then it incrementally gets worse, not skewed, just cuts further and further down each pass. The "dancing ants" in versaworks don't look like that either. I'm puzzled.

I removed the top decal on each of the "off cuts" so its more visible.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3674.jpg
    IMG_3674.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 144
  • label1.jpg
    label1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 130
  • label2.jpg
    label2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 155

Andrew O

Merchant Member
Give us a call at (800) 542-2307. Support is free for your printer, and our support techs should able to run through some diagnostics over the phone with you.

dcurtisroland

So I was running off a bunch of reflective FD equipment decals on my BN-20, the first half of the job cut dead on. Then it wen downhill fast from there and I cant figure out why. the pictures below show what im talking about, and ive had it before where it mis-reads a crop mark and the whole cut is skewed but the part that has me puzzled is that it cut fine through half of the job, then it incrementally gets worse, not skewed, just cuts further and further down each pass. The "dancing ants" in versaworks don't look like that either. I'm puzzled.

I removed the top decal on each of the "off cuts" so its more visible.

Any thoughts?

How thick is that material? It looks like your pinch roll wheels are losing grip during cutting. Have you contacting tech support about this?

Dana

splizaat

I've HEARD reflective material has hard time reading registration marks if the lighting is high in the room (because of the reflection). Try turning the lights down real low when you're reading the registration marks and see if that helps...

IGD

I thought about buying one of these then realized that there isn't much 20" media

Rob_maxgrafix

thanks for the response guys, gonna have a tech come out and look at it to prove that its just operator error, lol.

as for the material, its oralite 5600 (5mil) with 210 lam (2.5mil)

splizaat

Did u listen to what I said?

If I were you I'd first print and load a piece of WHITE vinyl in there and see if the cut reads properly. If it does, then the problem is the reflective material in a bright room -- turn the lights down low while it's reading the registration marks....

Or don't try it..but I know techs around here are $120/hr...a lot more expensive than a $2 test and cut.

I'd put money on the fact that there's nothing wrong with the printer

Rob_maxgrafix

Did u listen to what I said?

If I were you I'd first print and load a piece of WHITE vinyl in there and see if the cut reads properly. If it does, then the problem is the reflective material in a bright room -- turn the lights down low while it's reading the registration marks....

Or don't try it..but I know techs around here are $120/hr...a lot more expensive than a $2 test and cut.

I'd put money on the fact that there's nothing wrong with the printer

No, wasnt ignoring you, like I said in my first post, Ive noticed when it mis-reads a crop mark, the entire cut is proportionally skewed. this was more of an abrupt, drastic change.

Tech came out and it ended up being a bad pinch roller on the left side. Swapped it out, and its been smooth sailing ever since.

splizaat

DAMNIT, ur telling me I was wrong?! THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Glad to hear it's fixed...BUT for the record, reflective with crop marks is a little tough with bright lit rooms. If it occurs again, look into that.