• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 Not finding crop marks

MakeMyGraphic

ok dokey, so I am trying to print and cut with this new BN-20 a friend of mine is letting me use (he is letting me try it out before I make the jump), but he never once tried to do the print REMOVE and then contour cut feature on the machine, I loaded media, printed with crop marks then removed, laminated, replaced (have the recommended lead and rear excess material for the contour cut feature supposedly) when I try to run CUT ONLY feature in Versaworks the machine looks for the first crop marks but then BN-20 utility has a pop-up saying "crop marks not found" and cancels the job... there are clearly crop marks on the material so I am not sure what is going on there :\ anyone have any suggestions?

dcurtisroland

ok dokey, so I am trying to print and cut with this new BN-20 a friend of mine is letting me use (he is letting me try it out before I make the jump), but he never once tried to do the print REMOVE and then contour cut feature on the machine, I loaded media, printed with crop marks then removed, laminated, replaced (have the recommended lead and rear excess material for the contour cut feature supposedly) when I try to run CUT ONLY feature in Versaworks the machine looks for the first crop marks but then BN-20 utility has a pop-up saying "crop marks not found" and cancels the job... there are clearly crop marks on the material so I am not sure what is going on there :\ anyone have any suggestions?

Really glossy laminate can have problems reading. The other option is to not laminate over the crop marks. Make sure the software utility and firmware are the latest versions. If you're still having trouble give our tech team a call and they can log it in the system so we can notify engineering.

800-542-2307

-Dana

Rob_maxgrafix

just to cover all bases, are the first two crop marks in line with the cutting strip? if not, then it wont be able to find the marks.