• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 now with White Ink

briankb

Premium Subscriber
So I got an email today about the Roland BN-20.

Apparently via a software update you can now do 720dpi which doubles the speed. But to me the more interesting bit is that you can now use White Ink instead of the metallic.

Also they are extending the ISA show special until April 30th which includes 5 ink carts and 6 rolls of media.

I remember reading some other threads on S101 about the BN-20 and most people suggested finding a used 30" roland. But with the new white ink option I would like to get a new take on it.

For us this would be a good match to help with our t-shirt designs and pop signage.

rjssigns

Buy one and report back. No really. I am just getting into the t-shirt end of business and would like to try the metallic and white prints. Saw a small vid of a Roland making colored metallic heat transfers. Looked good. But I think even at 720x720 it would be painfully slow.
Size wise it would be perfect for shirts though. Small enough to take to events too.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I saw the machine at ISA a few weeks ago but didn't get a demo. I'm only reconsidering it because of the white-ink. I wish they updated it with the option to do White and Metallic at the same time like Mimaki.

CS-SignSupply

The new units will allow up to 19.4 sqft per hour output, white ink option instead of metallic or CMMYK, Free Productivity pack with media and 5 cartridges of ink AND a 6 month extended warranty totaling 12 months full coverage.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.

dcurtisroland

The new units will allow up to 19.4 sqft per hour output, white ink option instead of metallic or CMMYK, Free Productivity pack with media and 5 cartridges of ink AND a 6 month extended warranty totaling 12 months full coverage.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.

Slight clarification on Bobby's post:
Two, 6-month extended warranties for a full year of extended coverage. That gives two years total including the one year factory warranty.

-Dana

CS-SignSupply-TT

HEY! from ATLanta, home of the 2013 FINAL FOUR

Buy one and report back. No really. I am just getting into the t-shirt end of business and would like to try the metallic and white prints. Saw a small vid of a Roland making colored metallic heat transfers. Looked good. But I think even at 720x720 it would be painfully slow.
Size wise it would be perfect for shirts though. Small enough to take to events too.

rjssigns, CiberSupply is an authorized RolandDGA dealer. Although we cannot sell you any equipment, we can certainly source/supply your inks and media.

CS-SignSupply-TT

VersaStudio BN20 availability

So I got an email today about the Roland BN-20.

Apparently via a software update you can now do 720dpi which doubles the speed. But to me the more interesting bit is that you can now use White Ink instead of the metallic.

Also they are extending the ISA show special until April 30th which includes 5 ink carts and 6 rolls of media.

I remember reading some other threads on S101 about the BN-20 and most people suggested finding a used 30" roland. But with the new white ink option I would like to get a new take on it.

For us this would be a good match to help with our t-shirt designs and pop signage.

briankb, CiberSupply is an authorized RolandDGA dealer. Depending on your location in NORTH FLA, we may be able to sell you the printer. We can certainly source/supply your inks and media.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I've been reading a lot on S101 over the past few weeks about the new crop of chinese printers. One said they only have the larger format printers 60" or larger available. I only have room for a 20 or 30" like BN-20 or SP-300i.

Are there any of these new chinese sourced printers in the 20 or 30" range?

rjssigns

I've been reading a lot on S101 over the past few weeks about the new crop of chinese printers. One said they only have the larger format printers 60" or larger available. I only have room for a 20 or 30" like BN-20 or SP-300i.

Are there any of these new chinese sourced printers in the 20 or 30" range?

I think the smallest they make is 1.6 or 1.8 meter units. (63" to 71") artbot mentioned that 72" is the favored size for Asian and South American markets. Not saying they don't make them, but it's doubtful.

rob12098

I know this post is from last year, but i was wondering if Roland was running any specials on the BN-20 @ the ISA show this year. (Productivity pack etc)

I am going to purchase one next week and just figured I'd ask. I did a google search and the only thing coming up is from 2012.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dcurtisroland

I know this post is from last year, but i was wondering if Roland was running any specials on the BN-20 @ the ISA show this year. (Productivity pack etc)

I am going to purchase one next week and just figured I'd ask. I did a google search and the only thing coming up is from 2012.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There is a BN-20 special offer going on right now for ColorCAMM trade-ins. Similar to last year's.

http://www.rolanddga.com/promo/2013/colorcamm/

-Dana