• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 printing but no colour ink! Blank media printing tried head powerful cleaning!

adamfromayr

BAD NEWS!

And doesnt look good guys!

Tried

Headwash

Powerful cleaning 6+ Times

Medium cleaning 3 times

Nozzle check, Tried

TEST Print 4+ times

Carriage head moving as it should!

Contacted Roland they told me this

Try powerful cleaning a few times

And noted WHITE Inks can clog up if not used for a while and can spurt out into the printhead, causing it unrepairable damage!

I guess my PRINTHEAD Is """""""""""""""""""""

DAM IT!

Others suggested the CAPPING STATION TO REPLACE THAT! £70 Not tried that yet! but what do you guys think?

ZERO INK Is coming out onto my blank media!

Can you buy a new printhead and fit yourself? Roland told me today no they have to do it! Around £2500 yes that probably plus VAT

Its not worth my while and i can afford that ive already spent £1500 so far on the machine, inks and parts!

Imagine that!

sadly Looks like i will have to sell this as a FAULTY NON-Working unit, unless i can find out who to fit the printhead myself as you can buy them new for £1500

Anyone had this issue? or changed a printhead?

Screenshot 2021-11-24 192808.jpg

adamfromayr

Thanks thats a good idea with the syringe i did that on an old VP-540 Yeah i didnt get that working also :(

But i will check the Fuses and try the syringe

I just checked that all the pipes are soft ink liquid right up to the head! So at least the ink flow to the head is okay!

Even the white ink is liquid and flowing so will try tomorrow if i get time

Fuses and Syringes

See pics

Thanks for the TIPS Guys

Adam, Will update

DSC00342.JPG

adamfromayr

The printer is moving so is the head! and does test cuts ok

If the fuse was blown would it do that? unless its a dedicated head fuse?

adam

adamfromayr

Thanks Terry, and Vondegroot

adam

Will try this tomorrow

I just done a test cut so im happy its at least cutting for now