• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 to sp-300i or GS-24

KH

I'm running a BN-20 at the moment for lots of small decals, doing contour cutting. Then, move it to a Silhouette (believe it or not) to do the Perf-Cutting of the border. Works well, though it slows down my workflow. The speed of the BN-20 printing and contour cutting could be a bit quicker, but I'm ok with it. My final product is around 90mm x 130mm sheets with lots of smaller stickers on each one.

I'm getting busier and need to improve the workflow a bit so I can take on more work and I've narrowed it down to two options. Move to a sp-300i, or print in the BN-20 and do both contour and perf cutting in the GS-24. I have the budget to get the sp-300i.

Questions/concerns....

I've seen this video of the perf-cutting,

[video=youtube;S7_PSSOSLos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_PSSOSLos&feature=youtu.be&t=878[/video]

In the comments it says it is a VS-300, is the perf-cut speed the same?
Not based on the Roland specs, but in your experience how accurate is the cutting in the GS-24 using the print/cut crop marks placed by the BN-20? The accuracy of cutting with print quality are the two most important things.

Thoughts?

Ragnabrok

i'd go for the SP-300. The BN-20 is obscenely slow in comparison, both printing and cutting.

Gs-24 is a good little plotter, and works fairly easily printing and cutting across multiple machines in versaworks. Though lots of people have tracking issues with longer jobs on them.

perf-cut will function the same, and at a similar speed on the SP as it does on the VS.