• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bn20 cap top too high

scott700

I bought a used bn20. During shipment the head slid off the capping station. I tried to slide the head back on to the capping station but the cap top is too high. The head hits the plastic tab on the cap top and it won't pass over it. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

amw

Longtime Members
I bought a used bn20. During shipment the head slid off the capping station. I tried to slide the head back on to the capping station but the cap top is too high. The head hits the plastic tab on the cap top and it won't pass over it. Does anyone know what may be causing this?
Maybe the capping station is all ready in the up position?
You would need to manually lower it and then move the print head back and raise it back up. IDK if the bn20 is the same as other Rolands, but usually there is a hole on the bottom that allows access to raise and lower the cap tops. The head was most likely not locked when it was shipped.

scott700

I found out what is was. It has a DX6 head, which is basically the same as a DX7. There is a metal tab that holds the bottom metal shafts on the capping station. One of the shafts popped out and it was over the metal tab when it should be under the tab.
IMG_20180306_162138.jpg

HellCat

I found out what is was. It has a DX6 head, which is basically the same as a DX7. There is a metal tab that holds the bottom metal shafts on the capping station. One of the shafts popped out and it was over the metal tab when it should be under the tab. View attachment 133266
I have the same problem, how do you get that shaft back under the metal tab? I'm afraid to break something.