• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN20 Set up the sheet Set up incomplete, Anyone else have ideas as to why?

adamfromayr

HI

I thought its best i started a new post

As its a new issue

Does anyone have any ideas to why it wont let me how to finish the setup? in Versaworks?

Doesnt anyone do a VIDEO Desktop video screen recording of how its done?

Basically i know the mdeia is loaded correctly and ive move the pich rollers around always on the gritty bit

But on Versaworks always saying: setup incomplete

and Utility says: set up the sheet

Ive done that over and over and the lever forward etc with the roll covering both rear and front sensors!

Im thinking it wont let me do this until i install the same inks that were in the machine previously?

I bough this used and didnt come with any inks in it

I seen on Versworks it said that it was using eco-sol max 3 inks with white!
Screenshot 2021-11-10 192356.jpg

Was this the last set up used? or is that a default setting saying eco-sol max 3 ?

Ive put in 4 x new ec-sol max inks ESL3 And one 220cc metalic

If the inks are a new type will this cause a failure to set up the system?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

always issues with these printers!

thanks for any replys will reply also

adam

Screenshot 2021-11-10 160705.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-10 191441.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have you tried restarting the utility, VersaWorks and the Printer? Some times they stop talking to one another.

adamfromayr

Yes so many times!

IM thinking that before this system used ECO-SOL MAX 3 INKS With a white cart

And ive installed ECO-SOL MAX Inks with a Metalic cart! coisting me £500 or $700 or thereabouts!

And because the inks are different? its causing me these issues?

I have not even seen the head move from right to left yet, let alone print or cut!

The price of inks im going to have to buy eco-sol max 3 inks with white one just to rule all these issues out?

Then after that probably got a bad print head :(

Zoogee World

Hopefully not a bad print head, but you should be able to change the inks for the menu, if it wasn't allowing the inks, you would get a different message, saying put in proper inks. When you pull down the lever, does it do anything? As the head or cut carriage should go across to check to make sure the pinch rollers are in the correct locations. If it doesn't do anything, it would mean it's no sensing that you lock in the media. I know this is probably something you've already done, but did you click okay on that pop-up message in the utility?

adamfromayr

Thanks for replying, Yes i did click okay etc

The carriage doesnt move at all!

I wonder whats up with it!

Blue LED Steady

Lever forward, media under all the pinch rollers and over the front and rear sensors!

The carriage i think moved a few days ago but not 100% sure but its just sitting doing nothing!

its strange isnt it

Okay helpful forum and members thanks for the replys

Made a video in case anyone can take a minute to see if they can spot my issue?

Im thinking its a faulty media sensor, maybe not though

Zoogee World

Maybe I missed something, but doesn't it lock in the media by pushing it down, not pulling it up? I haven't used a BN-20 in a few months, so cannot remember. Also, this video might help, not sure:

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
Are you lowering the pinch rollers? Once you do that it should automatically move the print carriage and error out if it doesn't detect media.

If you are lowering the pinch rollers and nothing happens, it might be the flag sensor for the pinch roller arm. The metal arm lands in a sensor when down.

adamfromayr

HI Guys

Ive been told by Digisupplies that for starters basically my machine is set up to use ECO-SOL MAX 3 Inks and a WHITE! I have had installed 4 x ECO-SOL MAX Inks with a METALLIC, So i think a good place to start? Will be to order the ECO-SOL MAX 3 Inks with a WHITE? AS Verscam software says thats whats to be installed

Im thinking because im using the wrong inks? that this is whats causing the issues? And if isnt the reason im sure getting the MAX 3 inks will do more good than harm, also they will be 220cc ones not the 440cc ones i just installed!

See i bough this from a big business auctioneer and had no inks in it so just thought the eco sol max inks were right!

The pinch rollers are 100% correct, did like 20+ times! so i know its not me!

My guess its the Inks? or a dodgy sensor?

adam

THANKS AGAIN GUYS! :)
Screenshot 2021-11-11 110258.jpg