Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Lettering

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MPL5567, Apr 23, 2007.

1. MPL5567

MPL5567 Member

Apr 16, 2007
    this is my first time lettering a boat. they guy im doing it for doesnt want anythin spectular...i dont have a laminator ill probably be using clear jet and seal it pen...im still learning all of this stuff...would it hold up if i use calender vinly instead of cast on a boat?

thanks
    matt

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Id use cast, why skimp for a few dollars more, Is it going in fresh water or salt?

3. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I take it youre printing this, Cast Cast Cast and Laminate it or it wont last. If you just lettering with cut vinyl, calendered will do.

4. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

If you don't have a laminator, you need to look into getting a "Big Squeegee". I also would use cast, unless the customer didn't want to pay the difference. Print on cast and laminate with cast UV laminate.

5. MPL5567

MPL5567 Member

Apr 16, 2007
    it is going in salt water...im taking it that i need to use cast in stead of calendar...im giving the guy a break cuz its my first time and hes a friend of mine...would it hold up if i use the clear jet?