• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat pinstriping, 2 colors, ready for application, 25 feet.

nolanola

Hello.
A lady wants us to make a two color pinstriping decal 25 feet long (2 pieces, 50 feet total).
Black and gold.
The trick is that they want us to cut the stripes and put them together on a piece of application tape. I am not sure if we can maintain the spacing for 25 feet. It would be easier on a boat.
We don't have a working table that long.

I was thinking using oracal 651 and charge 2 x materials + labor time, and that would be around $260.

Thank you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 180

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Gregory will make custom roll striping like that with enough room for your markup. Use their 6500 series vinyl, I'm sure it's Gregory branded 3M.

http://www.gregory1.com/ Been awhile since I had them do striping like that, you will need to call them for custom striping.

Billct2

I too use the Edge, but I also suggest they use two colors of vinyl because it lasts longer. I won't line them up though.
I give them a little lesson in using masking/painters tape to make the space and then align the second stripe to that.
If they don't want to do that, or pay me, then I'll offer the Edge print with the warning it will fade.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I also wouldn't use intermediate or calendared vinyl on a boat or car. Typically I only use it for banners and coroplast signs. No one likes the adhesive dirt rings left after the vinyl shrinks.