• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat template availability, etc...

Sluggo

I've been searching for the better part of the last 24 hours, so I pretty much know the answer to this question, but for the sake of covering all the bases, I'm throwing it out here:

Does anyone know of the availability of scale boat templates? That is, scale templates of a variety of commercial boat hulls, transoms, etc. Not the drawings included in the DDW/Pro Vehicle Outline collection, which are useless to this process.

I've done a few of these myself using the low-tack masking/trace/photograph/vectorize method, and that's great for the local client who can bring his boat here for me to measure, or is at least close enough that I can drive over and do it at his site... But we're getting more and more remote requests for these (i.e., out of state) and I need to find a way to do this thru email without the vessel in question in hand.

I'm wondering if, since the client is remote and the install would be as well, if this is something I should be putting on the shoulders of a remote installer... In other words, instead of just contracting someone to do the install after the vinyl is printed, contract them to create and ship a tracing to us on the front end, then complete the install when the graphics are ready.

Any thoughts on this? :corndog: