• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat Transom

MightyFine

This is a job I completed this week. This is awl grip paint an hand laid & spun gold leaf.
The boat is a 65' Viking sport fisher. The transom was approx 14' wide.

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 150

OldPaint

some still can do fantastic work................in this day that job should be above the $3-500.00 range, we dont get many of those with all the quick, fast and cheap places.

Billct2

Beautiful work. Love the stuff on your website.
I have one minor crit...the kerning of the hailport.

OldPaint

well iam on the low end.....but a $500.00(or better) boat lettering job.....are few and far between with the fast, cheap &quick crowd of today.
now that you mentioned the KERNING.... HIL should have a little more space on both sides of the I... but then the picture is not taken from straight on view.......may be optical illusion of camera angle.

MightyFine

Hi All
Thanks for the compliments. In this case I did not design the lettering. It came from another designer. The kerning on the hailing port is definitely off. I brought this to the attention of the captain- however he wanted to keep it "as-is" since they already had it in use on other items such as tshirts etc…. So I had to take orders.

Pricing is well above $500. That is more like what guys are getting for gold vinyl on boats in my area. This particular job was in the $2,500 range.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Your website was a treat to see... as well as your art site and wives photography...

(...reminds me, we better work on ours)