• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat Vinyl Help Please

Sign_Boy

Hey all -

I did a quick search on this but thought I'd ask for new info.

I customer is looking to have his 22' foot boat lettered and striped. The lettering is going to replace an existing decal high up on the hull and the stripe (22') would replace an existing stripe down by the water line.

Here's the question: What vinyl would you recommend and can I get something in a 1 - 1/2" width for striping?

Any info would be greatly appreciated - Thanks !!

:supersmilie:

sardocs

Any high-performance cast vinyl should be fine. You might have to hand cut the stripes if your plotter isn't a sprocket machine. Clean the surface really well, then clean it again.

Pippin Decals

i just did a qoute for a similar job and was told by uscutter and fellers to use oracal 951.Oracal is the brand i use only for my owrk..

Sign_Boy

Thanks everyone!

sardocs: That's what I was thinking, just wanted to be sure. I'm with you on cleaning it just to clean it again. Thanks

Sign Works: Thanks for the links and info. I greatly appreciate it!

Primal Decals: IMO you can't go wrong with Oracal. In 10 years I've only had one failure due to someone plowing snow on the sign.

Thanks again!
:supersmilie: