• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

boat wrap coming up

fisheye48

Going to finalize what customer wants tues or wed. just talking with him he wants to wrap his boat in one solid color(black). Would like to use a black vinyl and not print it...anyone ever done this and what material did you use?? thanks

fisheye48

I have used Oracal 951 to do boat lettering but its expensive. 48"x50 yards will run you in the $500 range

Thanks...thought about that but i will only need a 30" roll without to much waste...just wondering if anyone had wrapped a boat with it and how it help up

B-RAD Graphics

Going to finalize what customer wants tues or wed. just talking with him he wants to wrap his boat in one solid color(black). Would like to use a black vinyl and not print it...anyone ever done this and what material did you use?? thanks

u can buy 3M wrap vinyl in black then just lam it.

Malkin

The extra cost of the laminate is easily worth the time savings in the install. Thicker vinyl is much easier to deal with. Obviously use cast over cast.

Mosh

Laminated film is easier to install. People are starting to get wrap crazy, thinking it is going to last like paint, be sure the customer knows the limitations of a wrap, and what to except. I see alot of wrapped boats that look like crap after a season or so. Alot of owners don't care for stuff like they should.
Educating the customer from the start will save alot of headaches later on.

Premier Wraps

Laminated film is easier to install. People are starting to get wrap crazy, thinking it is going to last like paint, be sure the customer knows the limitations of a wrap, and what to except. I see alot of wrapped boats that look like crap after a season or so. Alot of owners don't care for stuff like they should.
Educating the customer from the start will save alot of headaches later on.

Very well said.

WhiteWrapper

Wrapped a boat in preprinted avery with lam last year and still looks good after a season in salt water. Just remember the 94 and edge sealer.

B Snyder

The extra cost of the laminate is easily worth the time savings in the install. Thicker vinyl is much easier to deal with. Obviously use cast over cast.

Why not just use application tape if ease of installation is what you're after?