• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

boat wrap

giff

ok I did my first boat wrap one year ago the guy loved it said it was the best looking one he has done. now he has a new boat and wants me to wrap It but he is griping about the durabiltey of the first one. He said that after he got It that he could see the impression of his arm hair in it when he lend on it. plus he said that it picked Easley and left burn marks from his shoes when he got in and out and when his lures hit the boat it would leave marks, he said that it was like it was soft and wants something more durable. I did use oracal 3951 ar with 290 lam. I know that the ar is not the best for boats but it makes for easy in stall and its not coming off he fishes on tour so it gets used a lot

Attachments

• boat problems.jpg
    boat problems.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 103

DigiPrinter

Not sure what the issue is. Just about all of the high performance cast films are 2mil and almost like a coat of paint. If you want to beef it up maybe a thicker laminate would be the way to go. I personally haven't done any boat wraps so I don't fully know the extent of the curves but Convex makes a cast laminate that's 4mil, 8mil or 12mil. Maybe the Oraguard 270 would be what you want, as it's 6mil and the same manufacturer as your print vinyl.

The Giraffe

I've done AR on all my boat wraps. I seal edges with a .5" strip of lam and have never had an issue.

Have you seen the arm hair prints? That sounds a little far fetched. Am I wrong to guess that he's probably at least 50 lbs overweight and can't get in the boat without dragging his feet across a sticker? If it was a blue glitter paint job the soles of his black Adidas soles would rub off on that too. That's what Goof-Off is for.

Install looks really clean, especially for your first. Don't let him push you around too much because he knows you're a little new at this.

Good luck.

rjssigns

Sounds like future trouble. If he's bangin' stuff into the boat nothing will hold up. He should be thankful there's a wrap on it to protect the original finish. Time to cut him loose.

WrapZone

Sounds like future trouble. If he's bangin' stuff into the boat nothing will hold up. He should be thankful there's a wrap on it to protect the original finish. Time to cut him loose.

I agree. Don't think a wrap is the way to go with those expectations.