Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Wrap

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by OCsteve, Mar 13, 2010.

1. OCsteve

OCsteve Member

Jan 1, 2009
    A big thanks goes out to all who gave us helpful information on what to use for a boat wrap. We just finished our first wrap using 3M vinyl and lam and it turned out great. Since it was our first boat wrap the only thing I underestimated was the time to install. We will post pictures next week. This wrap was for a high school bass fishing team. Who da thunk!

This could be a lucrative business for us as two other sign companies turned it down due to the difficulty of installation.

Tags:
  2. sjm

sjm Member

Feb 20, 2010
    OCsteve interestingly we are quoting on a boat wrap also. Can I ask if you used 18x material and how you dealt with graphics below the static water line?

Thanks in advance for any help.

3. OCsteve

OCsteve Member

Jan 1, 2009
    SJM,

I will have our installer respond on Monday. What do you mean by 18x material?

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    3m 18x (ie 180 etc...)