• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bobis Multiapplicator question

FSDesigner

Our shop just got a 13' Bobis Multiapplicator table and it works great, but we are trying to figure out how to laminate things longer than our table. We've almost had it with laminating as far as we can, lifting up the roller, moving the print down and then trying to laminate the remainder, but if it goes even a little bit crooked it wrinkles and goes all kinds of wrong. Has anyone else had to try this?

Christian @ 2CT Media

From everything i've done on ours, talked to others about theres and seen demonstrated non of the manufacturers recommend or have a good solution for longer than the table laminating.

With that said, Have you tried building a lockout for the gantry and rolling/pulling the laminated side to mimic a roll to roll/floor laminator?

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
that's like using a wrench to drive a nail. You can make it work, but a hammer will do a better job

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

FSDesigner

From everything i've done on ours, talked to others about theres and seen demonstrated non of the manufacturers recommend or have a good solution for longer than the table laminating.

With that said, Have you tried building a lockout for the gantry and rolling/pulling the laminated side to mimic a roll to roll/floor laminator?

Yes, they have - it didn't go well. I guess they've tried more than I thought. The closest they've gotten is moving the whole print down while the roller is up and being very careful not to let the laminate touch the print. We will try it again today.

FSDesigner

that's like using a wrench to drive a nail. You can make it work, but a hammer will do a better job

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree. I wish we had the hammer, wrench and screwdriver. We don't have much room for the whole tool box. :)