• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Body Shop Logo

modernmav

Hey guys,
This is a logo that I've been working on for a local automotive body shop/race fabrication shop (roll cages etc.). The customer likes it so far but I want to see if you guys have any suggestions to make it better. TIA

Attachments

• CSMnewLogo2 copy.jpg
    CSMnewLogo2 copy.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 140

modernmav

I was kind of just going for a "streamlined/aerodynamic" look i guess. The letters are his son's initials and it was just something that I sketched one day and built it from there.

Craig Sjoquist

Awesome look, racy, kinda roll cagey, bold image, and fairly well balanced, to help flow better kern automotive a bit to end more with flag end , kinda like a triangle if ya get what I mean or pull it away from M might be better.
Great design refreshing

modernmav

ok, i'll give that a try and see how it comes out. thanks for the crits so far, this is really the first logo i've come up with so i'm trying to utilize the knowledge on here to make it the best it can be.

artbot

it looks a little "metal" with the faunt. maybe a less is more version will stand the test of time better. you don't want older clientele avoiding the shop because it looks a little too hip for there business.

Attachments

• CSMnewLogo2 copy.jpg
    CSMnewLogo2 copy.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 120

Fitch

Looks fine ... although I would move the "M" a tad further to the right or decrease the keyline, but I would maintain the distance between the flag and the "C".

Get rid of that nasty nasty "autmotive" font. The other elements are clean and crisp and the "automotive" just messes it up. Keep it plain and this will be a nice classy, racy, easily read logo.

Cheers - G

N2Harpz

it looks a little "metal" with the faunt. maybe a less is more version will stand the test of time better. you don't want older clientele avoiding the shop because it looks a little too hip for there business.
I like this one a little better ... more readable..

Tim Aucoin

I like this one a little better ... more readable..

I agree! At first glance, the "U" read as a "V"... It obviously says AUTOMOTIVE, but it does cause pause when your brain first sees "AVTOMOTIVE". They'd disagree in Rome I'm sure!! :rolleyes:

HeavyHitter

Something to consider when designing a logo to be placed on a race vehicle. The logo you have is some what directional. Consider how the logo will look on both sides of the car. I assume the logo will find it's way onto a car because of the roll cage fabrication mentioned in the OP.

evolutionsigns

Something to consider when designing a logo to be placed on a race vehicle. The logo you have is some what directional. Consider how the logo will look on both sides of the car. I assume the logo will find it's way onto a car because of the roll cage fabrication mentioned in the OP.

Absolutely right - also, consider the directionality of the waving flag maybe a flag on each side would make the design a little more symmetrical?