• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bomb Sight Alignment Issue with FC8600

artbykrigga

So once I've loaded my media and have begun the bomb-sight alignment with the laser for a Contour Cut, sometimes my plotter head will stop moving across the X axis. The only way around it is to abort the cut job, power cycle the plotter, and start from the top. This usually happens when the head is moving from position 2 to position 3. Does this happen to anyone else? How do I fix this?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Do the media rollers spin freely?
We occasionally have an issue with some jobs that will cause the rollers to drag (no idea how or why) and the printer will panic and stop moving until reset.

karst41

So once I've loaded my media and have begun the bomb-sight alignment with the laser for a Contour Cut, sometimes my plotter head will stop moving across the X axis. The only way around it is to abort the cut job, power cycle the plotter, and start from the top. This usually happens when the head is moving from position 2 to position 3. Does this happen to anyone else? How do I fix this?

Why are you using the Bomb Sight instead of the Type 1 and type 2? Also my understanding from Graphtec is the Bomb Sight Tool was discontinued well before the 8000 was introduced.

artbykrigga

Why are you using the Bomb Sight instead of the Type 1 and type 2? Also my understanding from Graphtec is the Bomb Sight Tool was discontinued well before the 8000 was introduced.

Honestly i'm figuring out how to use this plotter as I go. Unfortunately the folks in my position before me quit unexpectedly, so I haven't had anyone to show me the ropes. I was tinkering around figuring out how to make contour cuts and the bomb sight alignment seemed to work best for me at the time. But no, I have an 8600 and I can choose the bomb sight alignment mark when printing, and I line it up with the laser when it's time to cut. It's been working well for me so far (except for when it doesn't).

karst41

Honestly i'm figuring out how to use this plotter as I go. Unfortunately the folks in my position before me quit unexpectedly, so I haven't had anyone to show me the ropes. I was tinkering around figuring out how to make contour cuts and the bomb sight alignment seemed to work best for me at the time. But no, I have an 8600 and I can choose the bomb sight alignment mark when printing, and I line it up with the laser when it's time to cut. It's been working well for me so far (except for when it doesn't).

With the graphtec Type 1 or type 2 registration marks printed.
When you go to contour cut you will be prompted to move the blade to the first mark, move the blade holder (red tip) to the inside corner of the first mark then hit the ok command on your screen. The ARMs will take over and read all 4 marks.. The 8600 is a Great Plotter,,,,,,,lucky you.
FlexiSign Pro Subscription is a easy program to get up and running and the Tech support is friendly.
Write down all the steps.

artbykrigga

What printer, RIP and software for the plotter are you using? With the FC8600, you should be able to auto read the marks. Then again, I suppose this is not your issue, but setting it up to read marks may incidentally remedy the issue. I've never used the bomb sight marks, does it go from the first to the second automatically, or do you manually adjust between the two?

HP Latex 315, and Flexi 19 with Prod. Manager 19.

artbykrigga

With the graphtec Type 1 or type 2 registration marks printed.
When you go to contour cut you will be prompted to move the blade to the first mark, move the blade holder (red tip) to the inside corner of the first mark then hit the ok command on your screen. The ARMs will take over and read all 4 marks.. The 8600 is a Great Plotter,,,,,,,lucky you.
FlexiSign Pro Subscription is a easy program to get up and running and the Tech support is friendly.
Write down all the steps.
Ok I'll give this a shot the next time I do a CC.