Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books anyone?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cressida, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Cressida

Cressida New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Ok, so now we all know I'm new! yay!
    I've managed to talk the performance shop owner into brining the vinyl cutter into his venu.
    Now what I need is a great 'how to' sort of book to help me go about learning key elements in installing vinyl on vehicles. My biggest concern is installing a vinyl decal across a windshield. Accounting for the curve etc.
    SO, if anybody could suggest a good book ... or tell me where I should be looking for one that would be great!

Thanks so much!

:U Rock:

Tags:
  2. Git-R-Done

Git-R-Done Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Do a search on this site for windshield. It will show some of the info you are looking for.

3. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

some times it also takes trial and error but the above thread will speed up your learning curve

4. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    There are lots of videos you can watch as well.

Rob Ivers

SignChef - makers of Grog vinyl remover.

5. Retneprac

Retneprac New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Learning "Curve"...Appropriate I think!!

6. Cressida

Cressida New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    thanks! really appriciate all the help! i still want a book ... something that i can have on me at times (when i need it).

7. learned the hard way

learned the hard way Active Member

Jan 3, 2006
    http://www.signwarehouse.com/shop/m...N-GR-HOWTO&Category_Code=BOOK&Product_Count=0

Most any of the major sign supply companies offer all sorts of books on sign-related topics. The web sites are usually aimed at selling equipment & supplies, but if you get a printed catalog, there is usually at least two pages of books. Google "sign supply" or similar search words and all the major companies will be in the list somewhere.

8. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Both Sign Builder Illustrated as well as Sign Business offer books for under $50. Also subscribe to those magazines. One of them is free, the other is not but still cheap.

9. Cressida

Cressida New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Thanks TVG!! I really appriciate it!