• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bordeaux ink conversion

StayStuck

For anyone interested here is my 2 cents on my experience with the Bordeaux ink in my JV33-130 so far.

The dealer installed the ink cartridges without flushing the system, because all nozzles were firing 100% they said they did not want to chance dislodging any dried ink in the lines. They installed 8 new PRMS33 (was using SS21).

So far I have not had any issues, no noticeable colour differences, no clogged nozzles. The smell of the ink is maybe a little stronger than the SS21 but not too much. A couple of times the machine has shown that a new cartridge is empty but just by unplugging and reinserting the cartridge it shows up as full again.

The best part is they are less than half the price of the original and my dealer will keep the guarantee on the head.

I was very nervous about changing over to an aftermarket ink because of all the horror stories. So far, I am glad I have changed over. I will let you know if anything changes in the near future.