• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bordeaux Ink = No Chips ?

ProColorGraphics

I switched to Bordeaux on both my roland and Mimaki. It has been about 6 months and works great. I have one customer that we wrap all his vehicles and there are some unique solid colors.
Well they wrecked one and I had to replace the front fender and opposite rear bed. This was after the original was printed with the oem inks. Without any changes I was able to print the same files and the colors were spot on. (This was on the JV33).

I get them from fellers but it seems more suppliers are starting to stock them.

Thanks for the info!! It can be hard to choose when there are so many. You have Solaris, Bordeaux, Triangle, Mega Ink, JStar, etc.

It is good to hear of one that people are having good luck with and not having to reprofile. I have seen a lot more ads for the Bordeaux inks as well.

Tim Aucoin

I've been in touch with the Bordeaux supplier for Canada. I'm seriously considering a switch, but in the same breath, I'm hesitant! They've offered to print a sample banner for me off of a file I send them to show me the quality and comparison to the OEM inks I'm running. The price is also quite attractive... $70 for a 440ml. cartridge vs. the $139 I currently pay. Apparently there is nothing to do to switch but replace OEM cartridges with Bordeaux as they empty. They are supposedly compatible running together. Anyone had issues or successes with switching over this way??

I'm definitely interested, but not if it means sacrificing quality or having issues with the printer. My head is saying "make the switch and cut your ink costs in half"... my gut is saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"... :frustrated::frustrated: What to do!!??

Robert M

VP series

If you have a Roland VP series you will want to be sure that you use carts with chips. Roland has set up the firmware to run multiple cleanings whenever the printer sees a cartridge without a chip, thus wasting all your non Roland ink. (thank you sir, may I have another) Unlike current Mutoh and Mimaki printers, Roland chips don't expire so just swap them out if needed.