• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bordeaux Ink?

signs20

Has anyone had problems with Bordeaux in the last 2 years?

Has anyone experienced image fade with unlaminated images over several years?

Noticed shortened printhead or ink train life?

Appreciate all responses - both positive and negative.

Thanks

TheSnowman

I love my Bordeaux inks. I'm buying a new printer, and I'm gonna be sad having to use OEM again. My prints lasted LONGER if anything outside than before. If it's long term, we laminate it anyway, and that makes it last. If it's short term, it isn't supposed to last more than a couple years before fading.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I would think everyone using any ink is experiencing image fade with unlaminated prints after several years.

Bly

I've used them a couple of years now with zero problems except the empty tab occasionally not popping out. They are supposed to have fixed that issue.
We even ran them in a new XJ 640 we bought about 8 months ago.

Bad Bordeaux

We started using Bordeaux inks just under month ago and they have destroyed the cap station and the pump in our Roland sc500 both pump and cap station were brand new in late January 3 weeks of printing and dead in the water till new parts can be delivered .... upon calling the parts distributor about warranty issue his first question was are you using Bordeaux inks..... the ink ate through the hoses in the pump and destroyed the sponges in the cap station.

MrSalumi

I run Bordeaux ink in my Roland sj540. To be honest I run mimaki Bordeaux ink, prms33. Prints beautifully, lasts like it should, costs 96 bucks a liter.. That's why I like them :)

selling the Bordeaux inks

we ended up removing the Bordeaux replacing the pump and cap station in our sc500 after a very short time, the inks are in the 440 size they are the large ones, after trying to deal with the distributor them telling us they have never had an issue with Bordeaux ink they no longer carry and wont allow us to return them. I understand they are a good ink from what people have posted so we have a full set of "CMYKlmlc" inks if anyone would like to purchase these almost new inks please private message me and i can get you the actual weight of each cartridge so you will know how much has been used and how much is remaining..

premiercolour

Merchant Member
we ended up removing the Bordeaux replacing the pump and cap station in our sc500 after a very short time, the inks are in the 440 size they are the large ones, after trying to deal with the distributor them telling us they have never had an issue with Bordeaux ink they no longer carry and wont allow us to return them. I understand they are a good ink from what people have posted so we have a full set of "CMYKlmlc" inks if anyone would like to purchase these almost new inks please private message me and i can get you the actual weight of each cartridge so you will know how much has been used and how much is remaining..

As a Bordeaux dealer here in S. California, we will investigate the problem and go from there. We sell enough ink every month to know the problem was not from Bordeaux. If you like, send us your phone number so we can call you up and understand more about the issue.

My question to you is if you purchased a Roland OEM cap top? We sell all kinds of parts and we suggest to use OEM Roland cap top only. Trust us, we know about 100 companies making or reselling cap top. Use only quality, proven parts for your printers.

www.premiercolour.com

Francis Kao
Premier Colour
949-209-7306 (Direct)

MikePro

+1 bordeaux ink rocks. great price point and zero-failure in the 7-8 years i've used in in my mimaki jv3.

regarding your sc500 failure, i'm not familiar with that machine BUT, my thought is you may have been using their solvent ink on a printer designed for mild/ecosolvent use.