• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bordeaux Inks?

jason91

Does anybody use Bordeaux Inks? My Versacamm is out of warranty and I was looking to use some cheaper ink? I've used Solaris for awhile and haven't had a single issue, but I have seen that Bordeaux Fuze is even cheaper and was wondering if anybody has tried it? I would like to buy in bulk (1 liter) but all that Fellars has is 220 and 440 cartridges. Anybody know where they sell bulk in the eastern US that is reliable?

MikePro

Thumbs up for Bordeaux, used em for a long time on my JV3.
if you're not already setup for bulk, I wouldn't bother. Cartridges are much cleaner and are just plug & play.

You will, most likely, notice a stronger solvent-odor while using the Bordeaux. For me, however, it smelled like $$$ at ~60% difference in cost per cartridge.

DRamm76

Roland inks running at standard mode at full coverage cost about $0.20 psf. How much "cheaper" do you want to run the machine?

You stated you are out of warranty so why do anything to the machine that could put you at a service risk?

They arent the "same ink" as Roland inks no matter what you read on here. And with all due respect, I've read countless people on here praising 3rd party inks and I've seen just as many if not more people bashing it. Most of the ones bashing it after they went on here praising how much money they were going to save.

My theory on it. Dont do it. Everyone swears by it until its THEIR machine that has the issue...Then it's the printer..not the ink that isnt recommended and yet still put in the machine.

Best of luck

reQ

If you use 2+ sets of carts per month, you probably can consider 3rd party ink, other than that - no reason. I use 1 set/month on average, printer does not have warranty, but still using roland inks. Does not give me any problems and always prints perfect.

Bly

Haters will hate.
I used Bordeaux inks for years with zero problems.
In fact I think they were better than OEM.

Jackpine

Bordeaux inks are good. You might look at STS ink both solvent and pigment. Bobby Fosson at CS Supplies is a dealer. STS pigment in my Epson prints great.

TXFB.INS

From my understanding, if you run the machine everyday, multiple hours per day then you can run 3rd party inks with no issues.
It is when the machine sits idle with 3rd party inks, this is where the problems arise and cause issues.

granted this is coming from someone who uses OEM inks and has no interest in changing

DRamm76

Haters will hate.
I used Bordeaux inks for years with zero problems.
In fact I think they were better than OEM.

Not "hating" but with all due respect, service techs look at hundreds of machines each year. You guys only deal with your own machines. So we see all the bad things that dont get posted on here on a day to day basis.

TheSnowman

I ran Bordeaux in my JV3 for probably 6 years, then when I got a JV33 a couple years ago, I ran Triangle right out of the gate. I like the Bordeaux better as far as color, profiles, and stink, but the Triangle has been fine too. I've never lost a head and haven't had OEM inks in 8 years between the two machines, so you can come to your own conclusion, but I've saved a CRAP TON of money not running OEM inks, and I would keep doing the same thing again if I bought a new machine today.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Not "hating" but with all due respect, service techs look at hundreds of machines each year. You guys only deal with your own machines. So we see all the bad things that dont get posted on here on a day to day basis.

Have the service guy looked at any printers with Bordeaux inks in? "We" deal with 100s of printers and no issues with Bordeaux Eco Fuze inks on Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki printers.

1L Bordeaux Eco Fuze ink $84.00.
440ml Bordeaux Eco Fuze ink $74.00.
220ml Bordeaux Eco Fuze ink - Not available from manufacturer.

We have plenty of them in stock shipping out of California.

www.premiercolour.com

CropMarks

I have a jv33 and was looking at the Fuze MS 33 (ss21) - Does anyone know if Bordeaux Inks will automatically switch cartridges if they become empty (running dual CMYK)? I tried some digitl inks from the UK and they worked well... but the carts never switched and you had to be really careful not to run out. Thanks!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I have a jv33 and was looking at the Fuze MS 33 (ss21) - Does anyone know if Bordeaux Inks will automatically switch cartridges if they become empty (running dual CMYK)? I tried some digitl inks from the UK and they worked well... but the carts never switched and you had to be really careful not to run out. Thanks!

Hello.

We are a Bordeaux Digi Printink dealer here in S. California. Yes, the cartridges will switch to the other cartridge when they become empty. Feel free to send us an email. We will help from there.

sales@premiercolour.com

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Good luck with all this

With so many reviews on Bordeaux inks, horrible aftermarket ink stories are there but which one is relevant to Bordeaux ink? One ink customer called us about six months ago and said my machine is down because of your ink. He uses about 12 cartridges a year. While we were trying to find the problem is. Like when was the last time dampers were changed? " don't even go there". Later found out it was five years ago. "Because I print so little so I don't need to change". Changed out dampers, it prints beautifully.

Believe or not. Your call. We don't need much luck here. Just ink cost is 50% less than other people who use original ink.

14 days money back guarantee. We offer free onsite installation free of charge within s. California. No need to flush the system. Just plug and play.

www.premiercolour.com
949-209-7306

DRamm76

That's fine. Didnt need to be sold on your product. I know all about it.
Was just wishing the guy who posted this good luck. That's all

GetTarps

You can ALWAYS tell a machine salesman talking AND someone who has never run a business. Factory inks, factory inks! .20 a square ft is ok if I run my machine once a day for a small banner but not if you are running all day every day.

If manufacturers want owners to purchase their ink, they should lower their price.

TheSnowman

I ran it for years in my Mimaki's when I had them. I'm sure I saved a butt ton of money. They both kinda started giving me trouble after a couple years, but that could just be the nature of a solvent printer and how much more maintenance they need than a latex too.